Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: HELLBOY questions from HELLBOY novice

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    OK folks, I admit I didn't even know who Hellboy was until about 6 months ago, but now that I've seen the movie I've got some questions...

    1. What is the name of the baad asss Nazi charater with the blades and different face-masks, changable hand?

    2. Is there an action figure of said baad asss?

    3. Is Liz Sherman, and Hellboy's infatuation with her "from the comic", or is that a "romance" made for the movie?

    4. Where did Abe come from? They said in the movie he was found in a hospital with a name plate/card that was dated back to the 1800's, so he couldn't have come through when Hellboy did.... is he a gentic experiment? What?

    That's all for now. But my take on the movie was that IT ROCKED! [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I went into it with no preconceived ideas of what to expect, and I found it to be a very, very cool and enjoyable film. The effects were well done, the story was paced/moved quickly and Hellboy the character was AWESOME!!! I loved that he has a smart-ass, tough exterior, but inside is a "softy".

    Anyhoo, any help answering those questions would be appreciated! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    *must get Hellboy toys!*

  2. #2
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know anything about Hellboy, other than how he looks. Haven't seen the movie yet, or read any comics, but Pappette and I already want the toys. They look so friggin cool!

    Glad to hear you liked the movie though. I can't wait to see it!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Shypappy:
    I don't know anything about Hellboy, other than how he looks. Haven't seen the movie yet, or read any comics, but Pappette and I already want the toys. They look so friggin cool!

    Glad to hear you liked the movie though. I can't wait to see it!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me wants Hellboy toys!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    *must work on trade list*

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. Kroenen

    2. There are 2-
    1 by Mezco & one outta Sideshow

    3. I believe they're just good friends in the comic

    4. That's kind of really all we know about Abe

    Hellboy (and all the other BPRD comics) are some of the coolest reads out there.
    I have a post with online comics somewhere on this board......
    I'll se if the search thingy works and link em.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Street Worm:
    1. Kroenen

    2. There are 2-
    1 by Mezco & one outta Sideshow

    3. I believe they're just good friends in the comic

    4. That's kind of really all we know about Abe

    Hellboy (and all the other BPRD comics) are some of the coolest reads out there.
    I have a post with online comics somewhere on this board......
    I'll se if the search thingy works and link em.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you VERY much for the info! Is the Kroenen figure in his full Nazi get up?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Slytherin Snape:
    Is the Kroenen figure in his full Nazi get up?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Mez-Its version is in full Nazi gear.

    The Mezco version is only in his black suit he wears.

    Here are some pics of Kroenen with Blade's coat and Red Skull's hat.


    333A42547232327Ffp583Dot3E23293D5233D3C33C3DXROQDF3E232343C457753C3ot1lsi

    333A42547232327Ffp583Dot3E23293D5233D3C33C3DXROQDF3E232343C4577635ot1lsi

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the Sideshow figure
    http://darkfigures.com/heacfikrfiby.html

    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c...tegory=hellboy

    Here's the Mezco figures-
    http://www.mezcotoyz.com/products.asp?pline=hell

    There are also some Dark Horse PVC sets-
    one very cool older one that's more comic based & 2 new movie based sets.
    .............
    on-line comics back on pg !, btw~

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 03, 2004 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Street Worm ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Street Worm:
    Here's the Sideshow figure
    http://darkfigures.com/heacfikrfiby.html

    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c...tegory=hellboy

    Here's the Mezco figures-
    http://www.mezcotoyz.com/products.asp?pline=hell

    There are also some Dark Horse PVC sets-
    one very cool older one that's more comic based & 2 new movie based sets.
    .............
    on-line comics back on pg !, btw~

    <font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ April 03, 2004 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Street Worm ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the 8" mezco hellboy figures are out now? cause if so, I'm gonna have to get a hellboy. I saw the movie last night, and loved it. I'll probably pick up the little mez-itz too, if I can find them.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Originally posted by 316what:
    333A42547232327Ffp583Dot3E23293D5233D3C33C3DXROQDF3E232343C4577635ot1lsi
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great idea- if only I had a Red Skull and Blade now. I've been using Toy Biz jackets and coats left and right on other figures.

    My coatless Hellboy's sporting Joe Fixit Hulk's black coat, matter of fact.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Tortricidae:
    the 8" mezco hellboy figures are out now? cause if so, I'm gonna have to get a hellboy. I saw the movie last night, and loved it. I'll probably pick up the little mez-itz too, if I can find them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">8'' Mezco line has been out, and the bad part is both Hellboys from the line are getting harder to find. There's the horned/battled damaged exclusive that's just came out, (killertoys has it), but expect to pay extra.

    ($15 each, only a few more bucks than the regular figures)
    Hellboy20Exclusives

    Damn, I'm gonna have to catch the flick soon....

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 03, 2004 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Cemetery Man ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •